Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Call for testers: Nping 0.1BETA1 Released.

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 22:16:26 +0100

I also love how incredibly detailed the man page is.  It is easily as
in depth as the nmap man page and provides interesting insight in to
*why* certain things are possible.

Instead of just "here is how you use nping," it is "here is how you
use nping and here is an explanation of the underlying IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP
protocols that nping manipulates."

It is like a little networking primer inside a man page.

In many open source projects, documentation takes a back seat to
coding.  Clearly, this is not the case with nping which is continuing
in the same vein as nmap.