Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status Report #4 of 17

From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:07:57 +0200

Hi!

As I said on my previous message, it's been a busy week but, finally, I have
been able to define Nping requirements, output and command-line
interface. Here
are the accomplishments of last week and the priorities for this week:

Accomplishments:

* Nping requirement specification document finished.
* Designed a possible command line syntax.
* Requirements, command line syntax and sample outputs sent to the list for
  discussion.
* Finished reading libdnet documentation.
* Had a first look at nmap's packet generation code.

Priorities:
* Schedule the next meeting with Fyodor.
* Wait for feedback from the list.
* Come up with an initial Nping "echo protocol" design:
   - Packet format.
   - Initial handshake / Connection establishment
   - Session flow
   - BPF filter creation
   - etc...
* Discuss protocol design with Brandon Enright, Fyodor and nmap-dev list.
* Continue studying nmap's code.
* Get things ready for coding period.

Regards,

Luis.