Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Default NSE Scripts

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:38:18 -0700

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 05:00:53PM -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:

I've removed the "Recursion not enabled" line from the script, and have
also removed it from Default list.  Sorry that one took so long :)

I think it may be worth keeping in the default list now that you've
removed the "not enabled" response.  Also, I just changed the DNS
query target in that script from isc.sans.org to www.wikipedia.org
since the latter is a bit less distinctive.

The new list is below.  Jason says he'll fix up the SMTPcommands script,
so that can be switched later.

Great

* ircServerInfo - I don't think this is default material (but I'm also
  not an IRC user)

Well, it only runs if an IRC port is open and it then does discovery
for server information.  I'd suggest including it unless people think
the output is too verbose or not useful enough.

* zoneTrans - Just doesn't seem like default material IMO

I like this one too.  Many name servers still allow zone transfers to
anyone.  I succeeded in this just a few weeks ago.  The domain had 3
name servers and the first two failed to allow the transfer.  But the
third was a charm!

Cheers,
-F