Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Default NSE Scripts

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:32:38 -0500

New version.  Please test against some mail servers since my ISP
definitely (confirmed by former employee) blocks access to port 25 on
all but their own mail servers.

no verbose gives you this
[output]
Interesting ports on 68.142.198.11:
PORT   STATE SERVICE
25/tcp open  smtp
|  SMTP: EHLO smtp107.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com, AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
XYMCOOKIE, PIPELINING, 250 8BITMIME
|_ HELP qmail home page: http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html
[/output]

verbose X2 or debug X2 gives you this
[output]
Host 68.142.198.11 appears to be up ... good.
Interesting ports on 68.142.198.11:
PORT   STATE SERVICE
25/tcp open  smtp
|  SMTP: >>>> EHLO example.org