Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Default NSE Scripts

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 04:32:07 +0100

On 14/05/2008 17:06, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
I've committed the patch for this and added to Default.  Aside from
SMTPcommands being changed (which can wait and be moved over later), are
there any other outstanding issues with the current list below?

What about dns-test-open-recusion as Jah mentioned?
I did a little test and from 5000 hosts, 7 had udp 53 open and of those,
3 resulted in "Recursion seems enabled".  So, er, that's conclusive then.
Of course, this means I got 4997 "Recursion not enabled" which gives a
very poor signal to noise ratio!
Perhaps it would be best to leave this one out.

jah