Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Support on Windows

From: Christopher Owen <chris.owen () consault com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 00:36:41 -0700

On 6-May-08, at 12:18 AM, Fyodor wrote:

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 02:03:29AM -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:

Using the VC++ and the Platform SDK described in the docs, it isn't
required to have IPv6 installed in order to compile Nmap with IPv6
support.

Great.  I just tested that I could compile with your one-line patch,
which just sets HAVE_IPV6.  It is funny that it basically already
worked and we simply didn't know it.  I have checked in the change:

o We now compile in IPv6 support on Windows.  In order to use this,
 you need to have IPv6 set up.  It is installed by default on XP, but
 must be downloaded from MS for XP.  See
 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/ipv6/ipv6faq.mspx . [Kris]

I think you have a typo there.  Did you mean Vista?

Cheers,
-F

  Christopher Owen
  e: chris.owen () consault com
  c: 778-997-9265
  p: 800-636-8508

  -----

  Exploit Lab Dojo at EusecWest 2008 in London, May 19,20th.
  www.eusecwest.com