Nmap Development mailing list archives

IPv6 Support on Windows

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 21:26:31 +0530

Hey everyone,

I've attached an incredibly simple patch to add IPv6 support on
Windows.  The only other thing you need to do to make it work is to
actually install IPv6 (details are in the "Installation,
Configuration, and Use" section here[1]).  Vista users have IPv6
installed by default.

I got this working easily with same basic development environment I
have always used, which is described here[2] (Windows XP, VC++ 2005
Express w/Platform SDK, etc.).

Please test and let me know how it goes; I'll commit it once I get a
few yays :) Hopefully it'll be as simple for you as it was for me!

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/ipv6/ipv6faq.mspx
[2] http://nmap.org/book/inst-windows.html#inst-win-source