Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Summer of Code Script Ideas

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:07:04 +0000

I like this idea. I went through a similar (manual) process when
writing the zone transfer script. Perhaps we could have a tool which
reads a pcap log and lists all the available packets. The user could
then pick any combination of packets to dump out in lua.

It would be impossible to autonomously generate scripts but with
wireshark and rfc's the development process would be substantially
quickened.