Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] NSE HTTP library

From: "Thomas Buchanan" <TBuchanan () thecompassgrp net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:29:55 -0600

Sven Klemm wrote:

No you read the code correctly. I got the idea from the RFC as
multiple headers with the same name must be combinable into one line:

Fair enough.

I would prefer always returning a string to avoid having to check for
the type as caller. What do you think about changing the separator to
newline? This should introduce no ambiguities.

Seems like it should work well.

Thanks for your oppinion. I've attached a new version of the http
library that separates different lines of the same header by newline
and lowercases the header fieldnames and a new version of the HTTPAuth
patch which properly handles multiple WWW-Authenticate headers.

Cheers,
Sven

I've tested the updated library and patch, and they seem to work as
expected.  I've also ported my UPnP-info script over to your library,
and it seems to work fine, but I want to do a little more testing before
I post the patch.

Thanks for the good work!

Thomas