Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Most final release candidate yet: Nmap 4.49RC6

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:13:35 -0000 (UTC)

Fred,

I can't see anything obviously wrong there. With only one IP address (RC6
includes David's recent modification so --iflist should list every IP
address assigned to your adapters), it clearly has to use eth4 both times;
I'm not sure why it would work for one IP, but not for the other static
one. As you can list the IPs and routes, I think that means WinPcap is
happy.

David recently changed the way interfaces are handled

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q4/0391.html

This fixed problems for wireless users on Vista, and although I haven't
noticed any problems with the fix, perhaps it's the cause of your problem
(a bit of a long shot, I know)? Are you able to try nmap-4.23RC3 or older
to see if the problem was only recently introduced? 4.23RC3 has the added
benefit of listing the interface number.

Interesting ports on worf (192.168.10.1):

I like the hostname :)

Rob