Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.22SOC6 Released

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 16:48:56 -0700

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:52:23AM -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
On 8/29/07, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo () buanzo com ar> wrote:

Umit depends on sqlite3, however, my lack of pysqlite was not detected at
configure-compile time,
thus umit crashed. I sent a crash report.

 Are you using Python 2.4?  Fyodor and I were under the impression that
Python 2.5 includes the sqlite stuff, so we basically settled on users using
that.  I wrote a Windows Build Guide (check mswin32/buildguide.txt in nmap
SVN) which IIRC only mentions 2.5 for them.  Are you testing on Windows or
UNIX or both?  Do you have this problem on both?

I think we decided that only 2.5 should be used to build the Windows
Umit binary.  But Umit needs to continue to work with Python 2.4 for
other platforms such as Linux.  My Fedora 5 boxes only have Python
2.4, for example.

Cheers,
-F