Nmap Development mailing list archives

[Patch] Re: NMAP XML reports unreadable in linux

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:57:17 +0200

BTW, I submitted the file to validator.w3.org when trying to debug
this problem. I got one error (and I'm not sure if it even parsed for
longer than that). It says that the "page is not valid XML!" It is
missing charset and doctype. The error is: Line 4 column 0: no
document type declaration; will parse without validation. Could that
be the problem for Opera and Firefox?

Here is a patch against nmap-4.20ALPHA1 that adds a doctype to the xml
and adds the <distance> tag to the dtd. It now validates.

-ejlb