Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMAP XML reports unreadable in linux

From: HG <hg.list () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:44:29 +0300

Hi!

On 7/6/06, Brandon Enright <bmenrigh () ucsd edu> wrote:
HG wrote:

(using --webxml). On linux, I have tried to following browsers:
 - Opera 9.0 (and 8.xx)
 - Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4 (and versions upto it)
 - Konqueror 3.5.3 (and earlier versions)

For Firefox I believe you're running into an undocumented(?) security
feature that prevents an XSL stylesheet from being loaded from a remote
server.  I can't speak for the other browsers.

Put the XSL stylesheet on the same webserver as the XML files and change

I'm opening the files from local file system. Getting the stylesheet
from remote server is great as I can then freely move the reports
around my computers and not having to worry about it.

Ok, so I downloaded the stylesheet and now both Opera and Firefox
work. Propabaly the same thing in both. Konqueror still didn't, but
that doesn't matter for me as I use Opera.

BTW, I submitted the file to validator.w3.org when trying to debug
this problem. I got one error (and I'm not sure if it even parsed for
longer than that). It says that the "page is not valid XML!" It is
missing charset and doctype. The error is: Line 4 column 0: no
document type declaration; will parse without validation. Could that
be the problem for Opera and Firefox?

--
HG.