Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Umit 0.8.2-testing release

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:26:48 -0700

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:56:42PM -0300, Adriano Monteiro wrote:

Running the installer was a bit of work as well.  Separate installers
for Python, PyGTK, PySqlite, and PyCairo all popped up.  I think
installers for Nmap and GTK itself were run too, but in silent mode.
Is there a way to make that easier?

I tried to make then run silently, but got too much headache. To avoid
this problem, we can generate a stand-alone exe file with everything
embeded.

Do you mean making Umit itself into a standalone EXE which is staticly
linked to everything we need?  Have you tried doing this?  What does
it involve?  It sounds promising to me, though I haven't really messed
with these particular dependency libraries much.

Cheers,
-F