Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Umit 0.8.2-testing release

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:44:39 -0700

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 09:11:16PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
So I clicked on the new UMIT start menu item and nothing happened :(.
I cruised on over to c:\nmap\umit-0.8.2 in Windows explorer and saw
that umit.pyw was apparently properly registered to Python (it had a
green snake icon).  I clicked and got a "busy" icon for about 5
seconds before the hourglass disappeared and nothing pops up.

Ahem, I guess this was my fault -- I wasn't patient enough.  Just by
chance I peeked at my Windows screen today (it is running under
VMWare) and saw four launched UMIT windows :).  It seems to be working
(ran a couple scans).  It even has colored results (I didn't get color
on Linux for one reason or another (maybe just need to enable it in
configuration or something - I haven't investigated yet).

BTW, is this shipped with Nmap 4.03?  For the next version, you may
want to update to 4.11.

Cheers,
-F