Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.04BETA1 Released For Testing

From: Alex Prinsier <aphexer () mailhaven com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:53:00 +0200

kx wrote:
I just upgraded to Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2
and used these instructions for configuring Visual C++ 2005 Express
Edition:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

I removed the old SDK from my Visual C++ Directories and added the new
ones, and again, it built fine with #include "mfc/winres.h"

What SDK version are you using with the commercial version, where is
the SDK and mfc files installed, and what are your project directories
for include files set to?
I see I have this installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework Software Development Kit 2.0. which is
installed at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0 and I
include $(FrameworkSDKDir)include.

The winres.h and afxres.h are in different directories. afxver_.h says this:
#define _AFX     1      // Microsoft Application Framework Classes
#ifndef _MFC_VER
#define _MFC_VER 0x0800 // Microsoft Foundation Classes version 8.00
#endif

Those are in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\atlmfc\include and I included $(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\include.

I'm not sure if you're anything with that new information :)

But it just seems the commercial edition uses a different layout than
the express edition?

Alex

Cheers,
 kx