Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.04BETA1 Released For Testing

From: Martin Mačok <martin.macok () underground cz>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:15:48 +0200

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:27:54PM -0700, Fyodor wrote:

Please test it out, because the goal is to produce an exceptionally
stable version as soon as possible.

Nmap now prints all TCP ports first and then all UDP ports, like this:

# ./nmap -sSU -p1-3 localhost

Starting Nmap 4.04BETA1 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-06-01 11:45 CEST
Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
PORT  STATE  SERVICE
1/tcp closed tcpmux
2/tcp closed compressnet
3/tcp closed compressnet
1/udp closed tcpmux
2/udp closed compressnet
3/udp closed compressnet

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.120 seconds

I wonder if it is intentional and I guess it is not (though it makes
some sense).

Martin

P.S. I've updated (but couldn't test it for now) the patch for
detecting tarpitted ports at
http://Xtrmntr.org/ORBman/tmp/nmap/nmap-4.04-detect_TARPIT.patch
in case anyone is interested... (feedback welcome!)

P.S.2 Please consider also removing or narrowing down this MSDTC
service fingerprint:
http://Xtrmntr.org/ORBman/tmp/nmap/nmap-4.03-sf_MSDTCvSSL.patch