Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: UMIT screenshots

From: magnus () linuxtag org (Nils Magnus)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:34:01 +0200

Re,

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 08:08:30AM -0300, Adriano Monteiro wrote:
On 8/8/05, Víctor Chapela <victorc () emlink com mx> wrote:
Hi,

Looks like a good start to me.

One thing I would suggest in the interfase is to be able to see and change the nmap command line you are about to
execute. That would help a lot to use some advanced features or customize it on the fly without having to save them
all previously as a profile.

This is one of the features of UMIT that I didn't implement yet. My
delay is because I'm trying to find a place or way to put the command
read/edit field on the screen in an organized way.

Will you have a GUI based configuration page for the profiles or will we have to add the parameters to a command
line based profile or configuration file?

Sure. But it is not ready yet. The UMIT next steps are: command
wizard, to quickly build powerful commands, and the profile editor, to
fine tune stored commands.

Good to read. I'd prefer an easy-to-use "wizard" and a powerful
profile-editor much to a display of the executed commandline, even if we
may lose some education of new users by doing so: It wastes just too
much space on the main window. Maybe it's possible to disable that
subframe like it's possible not to display the menu items or the
button-bar in mozilla.

Maybe some of the sugested features won't be implemented until SOC
deadline (1st september), but I'm not thinking on abandon UMIT after
that.

You accomplished a lot so far!

Regards,

Nils Magnus
Program-Chair LinuxTag 2005 Free Conference Program

LinuxTag 2005: Where .com meets .org - magnus () linuxtag org