Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: UMIT screenshots

From: Bill Petersen <bill.petersen () alcatel com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 05:36:18 -0500

I agree with Victor's comments.  The interface looks good, but remember
us who scan large networks.  I have to scan about 1 million IPs per
week.  Being able to search for "all machnines with port 80 open" would
be a nice feature.

Víctor Chapela wrote:

Hi,

Looks like a good start to me.

One thing I would suggest in the interfase is to be able to see and change the nmap command line you are about to
execute. That would help a lot to use some advanced features or customize it on the fly without having to save them
all previously as a profile.

Will you have a GUI based configuration page for the profiles or will we have to add the parameters to a command line
based profile or configuration file?

Another suggestion, be sure to test the interface with several hundred hosts at least. I have sometimes had to scan
over ten thousand hosts. It would be nice if you could think about how to group them further (on a subnet basis or
even with custom masks). This would be very useful.

I don't want to overextend your scope but another very useful feature would be to have a quick search that could
narrow down the number of hosts you display by their IP, their Open Ports or their OS.

Cheers and good luck,
-Victor