Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fix for WinPcap 3.1

From: Andy Lutomirski <luto () stanford edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:27:42 -0800

Um.  I guess your fix is fine, then.  It's definately time for that rewrite ;)

I'm also not sure that there can't be single character names on 9x, although it's certainly unlikely. Let's not worry about it now, though.

--Andy

Gisle Vanem wrote:
"Andy Lutomirski" <luto () stanford edu> said:

I don't love this test for Unicode -- it will false-positive if there is a single-character name and will probably overread the buffer. If anyone knows a clean way to find winpcap's version, that would help.

I said it was an easy fix :-) Besides 'pcaplist' never have single-character names. You did the same test in winip_init_pcap():
  char *foobar = a[1] ? "%s\n" : "%S\n";

The correct thing to do would probably be to ignore the OS-version and use IsTextUnicode() on the returned names.

--gv