Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Nmap-based mapping/monitoring tool

From: Craig Humphrey <Craig.Humphrey () ChapmanTripp com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:48:13 +1300

Hi Jake,

you may also want to look at ntop, which monitors a network through sniffing
(rather than active scanning), but integrates nmap to probe hosts.

There are a few commercial tools out there that do this kind of thing (or
similar, or sub/supersets).
I've used What's Up Gold quite a bit.
Just did a little google and https://freemap.qualys.com/ looks interesting,
and being browser based, there's a certain amount of freedom for the client
end.

Have fun and keep us in the loop.

Later'ish
Craig