Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap+V

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 00:19:48 -0700

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 02:01:38AM -0500, Jay Freeman (saurik) wrote:
You are obviously way more familiar with your code than I am, but looking
over amap.c I didn't see anything that reminded me of nmap's pos_scan()
function....

I didn't say anything about pos_scan().  I just mentioned that amap is
"partially nmap-derived" because it uses various things from Nmap.
One obvious example is that the Amap 'appdefs.rpc' file is just
nmap-rpc run through awk (as they mention in the comments).  I
encourage this sort of sharing - it is the whole point of open source.

Why did you choose to go out of your way to add that
parenthetical?...

Because it demonstrates how open source projects can cooperate.

Cheers,
Fyodor