nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent-TATA peering dispute?

From: Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 12:55:53 +0300

On Sat, 18 May 2024 at 10:38, Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net> wrote:

So, yes, I think having an open peering policy should be a requirement for operating a root nameserver.  I don’t
think there’s any defensible rationale that would support root nameservers being a private benefit to be used to
worsen the digital divide or create leverage in commercial disputes.  They should, indeed, all be accessible to all
networks.

What type of network reach is required? Is single pop enough, that as
long as you have single pop, and open policy to peer with anyone who
wants to connect to your pop, you qualify?

--
  ++ytti