nanog mailing list archives

Re: constant FEC errors juniper mpc10e 400g

From: Charles Polisher <chas () chasmo org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:02:41 -0700

On 4/18/24 11:45, Aaron Gould wrote:

Thanks.  What "all the ethernet control frame juju" might you be referring to?  I don't recall Ethernet, in and of itself, just sending stuff back and forth.  Does anyone know if this FEC stuff I see concurring is actually contained in Ethernet Frames?  If so, please send a link to show the ethernet frame structure as it pertains to this 400g fec stuff.  If so, I'd really like to know the header format, etc.

-Aaron

IEEE Std 802.3™‐2022 Standard for Ethernet
(§65.2.3.2 FEC frame format p.2943)
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/browse/standards/get-program/page/series?id=68

Also helpful, generally:
ITU-T 2000 Recommendation G975 Forward Error Correction for Submarine Systems
https://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.asp?lang=e&id=T-REC-G.975-200010-I!!PDF-E&type=items