nanog mailing list archives

Re: Zayo woes

From: Randy Carpenter <rcarpen () network1 net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 20:01:03 -0400 (EDT)

The problem we have run into is that there does not appear to be a "Zayo." There are dozens of acquisitions of regional
providers with completely different infrastructure and teams and they have done a very poor job at gluing it all
together. I have seen service orders that have gone *years* without being complete. There are also currently some
breaking-the-entire-regional-network sorts of outages going on currently. I am guessing what clued employees they still
have are quite tied up.

-Randy