nanog mailing list archives

RE: 10g residential CPE

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 19:41:11 -0700

On Monday, 28 December, 2020 10:48. Darin Steffl wrote:

The "Free" service doesn't cover your cost of support which is much
higher for residential than any business customer. Our residential
customers call at least 15x more often compared to business customers
compared on a 1:1 ratio.

Are you sure that is not related to "residential services" being of a generally lower quality than business services?
It has been my experience that shoddy service generates higher need for "support" than does "non-shoddy" service.  In
this regard, the price for "business" services should be less than "residential service" by a couple of orders of
magnitude since it costs orders of magnitude more money to "support" shoddy services than non-shoddy services.

--
Be decisive.  Make a decision, right or wrong.  The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a
decision.