nanog mailing list archives

Re: This DNS over HTTP thing

From: Curtis Maurand <cmaurand () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 10:28:37 -0400

Might I suggest using PowerDNS's dinsdist.  it's an ha proxy that you can
put in front of your recursors and It implements dns over https if you want
it to.  It's open sources and ensures that you're not limited to Google's
or Cloudflare's servers which exist to drive advertising at you (I've seen
infected ads pwn machines).  I have much more paranoid reasons for
implementing, namely preventing 3rd parties from getting my histories.