nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hulu thinks all my IP addresses are "business class", how to reach them?

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 10:45:14 -0800

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:22 AM Blake Hudson <blake () ispn net> wrote:
tim () pelican org wrote on 11/21/2019 4:32 AM:
Or am I woefully naive, and it's actually trivial for a non-US resident
to come up with a US credit card and billing address to pay for the service?

1. Buy a prepaid debit card.
2. Rent a mailbox at Mailboxes Etc. or a similar company.
3. Log in to the prepaid card's web site and enter the address of your
rented mailbox as the billing address.

Tim, like you, I've been baffled by this choice as well. Why streaming
video providers continue to choose a costly and convoluted path when a
less convoluted and cheaper path exists to reach (seemingly) the same
destination I will never know.

Again, streaming video providers did not make this choice. Content owners
did, and made its enforcement a contractual requirement for leasing that
content to the streaming video providers.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin