nanog mailing list archives

Re: Attacks from poneytelecom.eu

From: Fredrik Korsbäck <hugge () nordu net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 09:15:19 +0100

Depends on what "legitimate" means.

We have a decent amount of traffic to the network (like 2Gbps sustained in any afternoon). Its typically a mix of bittorrent, tor-relay traffic, ftp-transfers and of course the expected scanners, malware-hosts, ddos-bots and such.

For me Poney/Illiad/Online.net/Scaleway has always been a bulletproof hoster (or bulletproof transit even), the response to abuse has always been NIL. I know tons of my customers just blocks out their whole ip-ranges in their SIP-servers and email-machines to lessen the white-noise.

However - judging from the Online.net website it atleast seems that they are trying to up their game and look like something that would be attractive to a legitimate business to consider. On the other hand, looking at http://as12876.net/ it looks more like something that would rather fit as a place where i put the shady stuff, so not sure where on the map they fall these days.

AS12876 is online.net... home of the €2.99 physical server, perfect for all of your favorite illegitimate activity. I’m
curious how much traffic originates from that ASN that is actually legitimate... probably close to none.

Sent from my iPhone