nanog mailing list archives

Re: New ICANN registrant change process

From: Blake Hudson <blake () ispn net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 14:47:02 -0500

As a customer of OpenSRS they sent us a notice about the change. The notice, and this page you linked, speak to their customer communication about policy changes.

To be honest, I just breezed the email message and noted that it seemed like a positive change (without knowing the reasons that prompted the change). We rarely update registrant information and rarely transfer domains. We also know our customers. I expect this will have zero impact on our day to day operations other than potentially preventing some hijackings (we have had some customers experience hijackings in the days when all it took was a fax on letterhead to NetSol to get your domain info changed).