nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:53:29 -0800

On 02/27/2015 11:49 AM, Jack Bates wrote:

It is my thought that when people ask for symmetrical circuits, they are really saying that they would like to see a higher upload. What they have is too slow for their needs. This is especially true for older technology that isn't in danger of being replaced anytime soon. Ideally, I suspect that most people would prefer a more variable approach, allowing for the complete frequency spectrum for upload and download and any combination in between.

Exactly.

Mike