nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is it unusual to remove defunct rr objects?

From: Rob Seastrom <rs () seastrom com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 20:08:38 -0500

Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com> writes:

On 1 November 2014 23:18, Rob Seastrom <rs () seastrom com> wrote:

Where on the public Internet?

Do networks run by organizations such as SITA, ARINC, BT Radianz, UK
MOD, and US DOD that use globally unique space and may interconnect
with each other in some way (and could hypothetically be using
IRR-type structures to describe that routing policy though I don't
think the military does that) get their objects unceremoniously booted?

Why would I want routes from US DOD in my filters, if this stuff is not
supposed to be on the public internet? That is a waste of everyones
ressources.

If you (and they) use the full capabilities of RPSL...  you won't.

-r