nanog mailing list archives

Re: arin representation

From: Doug Barton <dougb () dougbarton us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:01:17 -0700

On 3/24/2014 9:03 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
[0] As a member of the nominating committee in question, I will disagree with
your claim that our declining to nominate you constitutes rigging the election.
While I can’t disclose the details due to NDA restrictions on the NomCom,
I will say that in my experience having served on the NomCom several times,
they consider each potential nominee and do not take their duties lightly.

There is a simple way to solve this problem and indemnify the nomcom against all further such claims. Let anyone volunteer for a spot on the ballot. Let the membership decide who should be elected.

Doug