nanog mailing list archives

Re: arin representation

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:46:03 +0900

I am not sure I understand the argument here.  If you think that ARIN
is not representing the address space holders in proper fashion, how
would we suggest correcting that?

i have made off the cuff suggestions.  but seriously, i would seek real
external governance counsel.

If an address holder does not become a member (which is fairly easy to
do if you care enough) how would we even know what their concerns or
feelings are?

read my lips

the number of /24s is not proportional to the total number of members

which is why i asked both questions

Given that the US Gov't holds a vast amount of the legacy space skews
the results a lot.  They might or might not be a "member" but they
certainly hold a lot of influence in ARINs operation as the one who
controls the contract.  If ARIN was to cross them the wrong way, they
might not be holding that contract very long.

there is no such contract.  arin is not the icann or iana.

randy