nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ars Technica on IPv4 exhaustion

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:07:20 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jared Mauch" <jared () puck nether net>

It does ring a bit hollow that these sites haven't gotten there when
others (Google, Facebook) have already shown you can publish AAAA
records with no adverse public impact.

"no" adverse impact?

Seems to me I've seen a few threads go by the last few years that suggested
that there were a few pathological cases where having the 4A record was
worse than not...

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com