nanog mailing list archives

Re: minimum IPv6 announcement size

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:15:55 +0000

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 11:27:26AM -0400, William Herrin wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM, TJ <trejrco () gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:
 IPv4 jumped from 8 bits to
 32 bits. Which when you think about it is the same ratio as jumping
from 32 bits to 128 bits.

 Only insofar as the jump from 1 to 1000 is the same as the jump from 1000
is to 1000000 ... :)

If we're on an exponential growth curve, it's the same ratio. Are we?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

        sure...   and I appreciate you advertizing all that unused "dark" space for me
        to hide my spam return addresses in.  grateful you have enough bandwidth to absorb
        the incoming DDoS packets for non-existent hosts.

        profound thanks.

/bill