nanog mailing list archives

Re: comcast ipv6 PTR

From: Blair Trosper <blair.trosper () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 11:52:48 -0500

That's essentially what I'm getting at.  If the v6 addresses/blocks are
allocated in a similar fashion to IPv4, where the octets are clearly named
by state and "hsd1", then I don't see why they should lack PTR.

However, even if they're not assigned or delegated in that way, it'd be
helpful to have SOME form of PTR on there.

Otherwise, they'd be a lot like Google, leaving the traceroute and
end-point PTR left up to our imagination (even though it's available
internally to Google employees).  I understand why Google lacks PTR to some
extent with anycast and the mobility of their v4 addresses, but I suspect
that Comcast isn't doing anything that sophisticated.