nanog mailing list archives

Re: [#135346] Unauthorized BGP Announcements (follow up to Hijacked Networks)

From: Danny McPherson <danny () tcb net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:23:54 -0500

Internet number resource certification and origin validation sure would be nice here ;-)

-danny

On Jan 31, 2012, at 7:49 PM, Kelvin Williams wrote:

I hope none of you ever get hijacked by a spammer housed at Phoenix NAP.  :)

We're still not out of the woods, announcing /24s and working with upper
tier carriers to filter out our lists.  However, I just got this response
from Phoenix NAP and found it funny.  The "thief" is a former customer,
whom we terminated their agreement with.  They then forged an LOA,
submitted it to CWIE.net and Phoenix NAP and resumed using space above and
beyond their terminated agreement.  So now any request for assistance to
stop our networks from being announced is now responded to with an
instruction to contact the thief's lawyer.