nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level 3's IRR Database

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 05:53:28 +0900

well, i am not sure you want to discard it.  this is where the op has to
make a decision.  in a world of partial deployment and ops and customers
still learning how to deal with this stuff, should it be discarded?

I agree and definitely understand the turnup viewpoint. However, RPKI is
useless if we don't discard invalid routes which are more specific than
valid covering routes. local pref doesn't override prefix length
decisions. Hijacks will continue to occur unless we issue discards... at
some point.

i think that is how i would run my network.  but those concerned about
*any* change, might prefer being vulnerable to the youtube accident.  we
all have choices.

randy