nanog mailing list archives

Re: And so it ends...

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:33:36 -0800

On Feb 3, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Ernie Rubi <ernesto () cs fiu edu> wrote:
Um, I think that's what ARIN means when they say changing the registrant on a block from Entity A to Entity B means.
 That's effectively 'reclaiming'.

As I understand it, I think they also contend that the 'community' could say to ARIN 'take back X legacy block' and
that ARIN would have no choice but to do it if the 'community' wished it so (via policy process, etc).