nanog mailing list archives

Re: And so it ends...

From: Scott Helms <khelms () ispalliance net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:05:58 -0500

David,

That certainly could have an impact, since I imagine that corporations that large are purchasing nice big (expensive) connections. Having said that the cases I am familiar with were all dealt with at the technical level and a "business" rep wasn't involved. The BGP teams at the various providers tend to have a strong respect (much more so than their business leadership) for the RIRs, RFCs, and the various informal practices we've all dealt with that keep the Internet moving properly.