nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 mistakes, was: Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

From: "Robert E. Seastrom" <rs () seastrom com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:46:02 -0500

Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> writes:

The DoD does not seem particularly anxious to announce or explain
their usage of those blocks to the rest of the community.

They have much larger quantities of significantly more sophisticated
armaments than ARIN.

I agree it would be nice if they would voluntarily return whatever
is appropriate to the community, but,

You mean like they already did with 49/8, 50/8 (both formerly Joint
Technical Command), 10/8 (formerly ARPAnet), and 7/8 (DNIC)?

As the biggest returner of IPv4 space by a fair margin,
notwithstanding their current holdings I think the DoD is quite
justified in saying "I gave at the office" and hanging up.

-r