nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 mistakes, was: Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

From: Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:48:35 -0800

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 9:46 AM, George Bonser <gbonser () seven com> wrote:
If you want to go on a wild goose chase, start chasing down 240/4 and
you might make some progress.

As i have mentioned before, it was only after i gave up on 240/4 for
private network numbering that i really earnestly took on IPv6-only as
a strategy.  Seeing 240/4 actually work would be nice, but i have
already concluded it does not fit my exhaustion timeline given how
many edge devices will never support it.

If i have to fork lift, it should be for ipv6.

240/4 has been enabled in Linux since 2.6.25 (applied on January 21,
2008 by David Miller) so that's like three years already.

Yep, and that's great.  Let me know when a Cisco 7600 will route a
packet like this.

Cameron