nanog mailing list archives

Re: Definitive Guide to IPv6 adoption

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:02:23 -0700

On Oct 18, 2010, at 11:18 AM, David Conrad wrote:

On Oct 18, 2010, at 6:59 AM, Jack Bates wrote:
ARIN does reservations (unsure at what length, but at least down to /31).

Do they still do that?  Back when I was at IANA, one of the justifications the RIRs gave for the /12s they received
was that they were going to be using the 'bisection' method of allocation which removes the need for reservation.
Last I heard, APNIC was using the bisection method...

Regards,
-drc

No, ARIN converted to bisection quite some time ago.

Owen