nanog mailing list archives

Re: Upstream BGP community support

From: Steve Meuse <smeuse () mara org>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:33:07 -0500

Jack Bates expunged (jbates () brightok net):

I think creating a standard or at least a template might push more
people to adopt communities support and to use them.

I put this up there with trynig to define inter-provider QoS. You are never going to get two business to agree to the
same model.....and after all, community support is basically a business tool. I know from experience that some
providers deliberately constrain their community support for business purposes, this goes back 10+ years.....

-Steve