nanog mailing list archives

Re: two interfaces one subnet

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 22:39:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Chris Meidinger wrote:

I've been looking through RFC's trying to find a clear statement that having two interfaces in the same subnet does not work, but can't find it that statement anywhere.

I don't know if it still works, but it did in Linux little over 10 years back. Proxy-arp:ed all the IPs in the /27 in the /24 and everything was fine (legacy reasons plus radiolink which I didn't want to run a lot of broadcasts over). There are "legitimate" cases where you might want to do this.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se