nanog mailing list archives

Re: spamhaus drop list

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:44:13 -0400

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 09:04:50PM -0000, John Levine wrote:
Not that I've ever seen.  Nobody else has the breadth of data that
Spamhaus does.

I've been using it for ages and based on zero complaints, it's never
blocked anything that any of my users wanted.

I strongly concur with John: using the Spamhaus DROP list is incredibly
effective not just against spam but against many other forms of abuse.
I use a script to update various routers/firewalls/mail systems once
a week, and there have been no problems of any kind with it.

---Rsk