nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent input

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:13:47 -0700

Justin Shore wrote:
Paul Timmins wrote:
GlobalCrossing told me today I can order native IPv6 anywhere on their
network. Don't know if they count as Tier 1 on your list, though. VZB
has given me tunnels for a while, hopefully they'll get their pMTU
issue fixed so we can do more interesting things with it.

I'd love to have GLBX but I'm positive that they aren't available here.
 We'd have to pay for transport to a much larger market to go get them.
 That may be more feasible when the state network gets built but that's
a few years off.  Until then I'll have to dream about GBLX...

For me their local POP is apparently at capacity, so I had to take them
off the list since I couldn't afford the transport costs to California.
I heard somewhere that it's MPLS internally in order to present
dual-stack at your port, not dual-stack on every router, thus most of
the path is invisible like a tunnel.

~Seth