nanog mailing list archives

Re: real hardware router VS linux router

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:16:44 -0600

Once upon a time, Leen Besselink <leen () consolejunkie net> said:
And I had a ticket from a few months ago with one of our transit-providers
because they had a Juniper router reboot, it turned out this was because
a harddisk failure of one of the routing engines.

So 'real'-routers have those moving parts as well. ;-)

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.  Show me a "real" router
without a fan; even the old Cisco 2501 had a fan in it.

Most "real" routers can be heard outside the room!
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>