nanog mailing list archives

Re: comcast price check

From: Eric Gearhart <eric () nixwizard net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 14:06:57 -0700

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Steven King <sking () kingrst com> wrote:
I can't even get reliable home cable internet service from them. No way
I would ever consider using them for transit. I would only consider a
stub peer with them to help out the poor Comcast customers who are also
trying to get to my data centers.

Whaa? You're using your home internet service as your guide for
business-class carrier service? Isn't that a bit like comparing home
DSL versus a business T1 that has SLAs attached to it?

You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare home vs. business
service, IMO...

--
Eric
http://nixwizard.net